2015年4月10日金曜日

Reflection on Presentation

Surprisingly, I received high acclamation by Brad and peers. Frankly speaking, the presentation was delivered under the influence of hangover. After I have made the slides and a few rehearsals, I went drinking. I apologize for the misbehavior the night before the presentation, as I could have performed better than the actual presentation. I forgot my lines even at points I looked at cue words on the slides, and I stuttered a lot because of my half-consciousness. Despite my severe physical conditions, I was able to deliver a heartfelt speech with a high level of engagement with audiences.

I tend to imitate people. During my preparation for this speech, I was obsessed and hooked with the charisma and persuasiveness of two personnel. I admit that I have learned much from these persons when delivering speeches, and I do find them highly entertaining and convincing. Firstly, from the movie Wolf of Wall Street, the character Jordan Belfort casted by Leonardo DiCaprio was able to grasp people’s attention and reaction, as if he was trying to put into the shoe of his audiences. His sales talks, where he displayed confidence and strong call to action, have influenced me to do the same, by delivering a clear message to audiences. Secondly, Cai Jing, the Chinese independent journalist who used her funds in making a documentary about air pollution in China, which it later is filmed and broadcasted globally. Her stance as a mother, and her delivery as telling an important truth to people, and lastly her sincerity has made me touched deeply. Her speech influenced me to deliver a speech where the content can closely link to everyone, can set people thinking and can leave a substantial impact on the audiences.

Overall, I believe I could have done better if I was not under the influence of alcohol. I knew the presentation was enjoyable as long as I saw the reactions and attentions from audiences’ faces. I also find it enjoyable to have an opportunity to engage them.

2 件のコメント:

  1. Hi Zijian,

    I am very glad that you managed to delivery what you hoped to achieve in this presentation and really, thank you for your hard work and preparation. :)

    Just some feedback on the presentation:

    I felt that your introduction was very interesting. The emotional appeal that you used by asking the audience to make use of their imaginations and put them in the position of parents. I thought that was a good use of role assumption and that fit your presentation topic well. You also displayed good use of visual data by engaging the audience to think of the meaning behind those figures. The delivery of your presentation is persuasive, sincere and filled with passion. The elaboration of your problems and solutions was clear and effective.

    The lack of fluency and poor pronunciation of your speech are problems that take time to overcome, but your strengths managed to make up for them! :) Moreover, you had great eye contact, a stable stance and a good use of hand gesture.

    That's all from me. And thank you once again for that enjoyable presentation. :)

    返信削除